Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Letter to my 8 month old.

My dear Amelia,

I think the older that you get the more quickly time passes. The past month has flown by! You are so busy and active that the days go by quickly and you definitely keep me on my toes. We spend our days playing, and cuddling, and looking at, touching and experiencing as many new things as possible. You are still so curious and I can see your little mind soaking everything in. This month:

  • You have totally mastered crawling and are a speed demon. When you are after something we have to run to keep up.
  • You can easily pull yourself to a standing position. You love to stand up whenever possible.
  • You "cruise" along everything. You walk in circles around the living room holding on to furniture and toys.
  • You think you can walk. You often let go of whatever you are holding on to and try to take off, then get really frustrated when you fall down.
  • You are getting really good at standing balanced. You can usually do it for a few seconds at a time, so I don't think walking is too far away.
  • You spent your first night away from me. Your daddy and I celebrated our 5 Year Anniversary and spent the night in Oklahoma City. You stayed at our house with Grams and played all weekend. It was harder than I thought it would be to say goodbye, but you did a great job and I think it was good for all of us.
  • You learned the word no. I told you no about touching something and you sat down, stuck your bottom lip out and cried.
  • You went to your first CIRCUS! We went to the Shrine Circus in OKC with Grams and Pop, Paw Paw, Uncle Adam, Uncle Chris and Aunt Jess and Brayden and Austin. You LOVED looking at all the animals and had a great time!
  • You are going to bed around 8:00 pm, but for some crazy reason you decided to start waking up between 6:00 - 6:30 am everyday.
  • You love to eat and try new foods. You are still on a diet of bottles, cereal, and homemade and store bought baby food fruits and veggies. But you always have to try whatever we are eating. You like to chew food with your two tiny bottom teeth.
  • You still love to be outside and we go walking or to the park whenever possible.
  • You talk CONSTANTLY. You babble nonstop all day, throwing in a few real words. Vocabulary is still limited to mama, dada and bye-bye, but I am pretty sure you are tying to say dog. You love to talk and have conversations with anyone that will listen.
You are so much fun and so funny! I can tell you are going to be opinionated, independent and stubborn, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I just love you more and more each day, my sweet baby girl.

1 comment:

Miranda Kaye said...

She is absolutely adorable :) Time does go by SUPER fast.

Post a Comment