Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hungry = Happy!

Only recently have I begun to have any appetite whatsoever. My first couple of months were rather difficult (more to come later on the joys of the 1st trimester) and I didn’t eat much. There were days when nothing, and I mean nothing, sounded appetizing. The only thing that made me eat anything on some days was the knowledge that it was now my responsibility to nourish my body, to in turn nourish my child. So you can imagine how excited I was to discover recently that I was hungry!

And yes, I have been so hungry the past week! Yesterday all I could think of at work was BBQ sauce, in particular, Rib Crib BBQ sauce. Maybe this doesn’t sound strange to you, but for any of you who know my eating habits, you know I don’t eat a lot of meat, BBQ or otherwise. So, it was a bit strange for me.

Every Friday night is Friday night date night for me and David. Usually we have this conversation…”What do you want for dinner?” “I don’t know, what do you want for dinner?” Not last night. Last night for Friday night date night, David and I went to Rib Crib and I had wonderful, delicious, heavenly BBQ. And I loved every bit of it. I guess you could call this a “craving”. I don’t know, all I know is that I was hungry, I wanted some BBQ, we ate some BBQ and it made me happy. J Thank you Rib Crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment